Advisors guide your academic path and help you stay on track to graduate.
To get an advisor:
- Declare your major at the Academic Advising and Transfer Center.
- Then, the MCHHS Student Success and Advisement Center will assign you an advisor based on your major.
Meet for class registration
Until you complete 75 credit hours, you must meet with your advisor once a semester to register for classes.
Afterward, you should meet with your advisor once a semester until you graduate.
Forgot your assigned advisor?
Access your advisor's information through the Student tab on My Missouri State. You should meet with your advisor at least once a semester until you graduate.
Set up an appointment with the Transfer Center.
They will help you determine:
- The credits you can transfer.
- What requirements you have left to complete.
- If you can get a head-start and take online courses at Missouri State while enrolled at your current school.
You will have a custom transfer plan to complete your degree in a timely fashion.
If you have an Associate of Arts degree, you can usually complete an MSU degree in two years if you take 15 credit hours per semester.
Our department assigns you an advisor once you're admitted into your graduate program.
Your advisor helps you:
- Prepare a desirable course schedule.
- Meet your program’s degree requirements.
- Achieve your academic and career goals.
You must receive your advisor’s approval prior to enrolling for classes each semester.
In addition to meeting with your advisor, you must also submit an advisor approved program of study form to the Graduate College. This form outlines the courses you plan to take to complete your graduate degree.
Frequently asked questions about the public health program
Listed below are some frequently asked questions concerning advising and scheduling within the Master of Public Health program.