Apply to this program through a central application: GradCAS. Review the sections below before you begin.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 on a 4.00 scale in undergraduate work. If undergraduate GPA is below a 3.20, student must score a combined 290 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A two page maximum statement of professional experience, goals and research interest.
- Prerequisite courses: 12 hours. Students entering the program should have an undergraduate course in statistics, exercise physiology, introductory psychology, and business management. A student who does not meet these criteria, but who demonstrates outstanding potential, may be considered on the basis of individual merit and accepted on a probationary status.
Accelerated Master's Degree option
Students may be accepted into the Master of Science in Health Promotion and Wellness Management program after admission requirements for the accelerated master's option are met. Once accepted, up to 12 credit hours of approved 600 and 700-level coursework may be counted toward both the bachelor's degree and the Master of Science degree programs. Students in other academic programs may be considered given they have completed the prerequisite courses and have met the GPA criteria.
The accelerated option allows students who are interested in health promotion and wellness management to complete the requirements for the Master of Science degree in three semesters and a summer rather than the typical four semesters and a summer. For more information and guidelines, contact the Health Promotion and Wellness Management program director.
Before enrolling in each course to be counted as both undergraduate and graduate credit, an undergraduate student must be accepted into the accelerated program and complete a Mixed Credit Form. Acceptance into the program and all approvals must be completed prior to the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the course(s). See the Graduate College for further information.
Admission Requirements for the Accelerated Master's Option
- Senior standing and an overall GPA of 3.2 or better.
- Completion of an undergraduate course in statistics or measurement and evaluation, exercise physiology, biomechanics, introductory psychology, and business management. A student who does not meet these criteria, but who demonstrates outstanding potential, may be considered on the basis of individual merit.