Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the nutrition and dietetics program
- Program graduates will demonstrate competencies consistent with best practices in
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to think critically, to analyze complex
and diverse concepts, and to use reason and judgment.
- Program graduates will communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in academic
and professional settings.
- Program graduates will interact effectively and respectfully with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures and work through differences with civility.
- Program graduates will exhibit ethical leadership skills in professional practice
and community service.
- Program graduates will utilize knowledge and skills related to their discipline to
engage in activities that directly benefit the University or the civic community.
- Program graduates will demonstrate readiness to pursue life-long learning through
continuing education, scholarship, service, and participation in professional organizations.