Apply to this certificate program through a central application: GradCAS. Review the sections below before you begin.
Admission to the certificate program is separate from admission to the Master of Public Health program; however students can acquire one certificate while in the process of completing the MPH. For those seeking admission only to the certificate, the following are required:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA.
- A statement of purpose describing why the student wants to obtain a graduate certificate.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- For international students, a current TOEFL or IELTS score.
Admission to the graduate certificate program does not guarantee admission to the Master of Public Health program. All coursework toward the certificate must have been taken after January 1, 2013. International students must meet all requirements stipulated by International Services. Courses without the PBH prefix may not be accepted for credit.
Eligible Missouri State University students may apply for acceptance into an accelerated option in public health & healthcare administration. This option offers students with an interest in public health the opportunity to complete the requirements for the public health graduate certificate in less time than would otherwise be possible. Once accepted for early admission to the certificate program, students will be able to take up to 12 credit hours at the 600- or 700-level that apply to both their undergraduate and graduate programs.
Requirements include completion of at least 60 undergraduate hours in a declared major with an overall GPA of 3.00 and a GPA of at least 3.00 within the declared major.
Before enrolling in a course that will apply both to the student’s undergraduate program and the certificate, the undergraduate student must:
- Be admitted into the accelerated certificate.
- Receive prior approval from the student’s undergraduate academic advisor, department head of the undergraduate program, the MPH program director, and the Dean of the Graduate College. This is done by using a mixed credit form.
If the student is accepted into the accelerated certificate the program, and all approvals must be completed prior to the end of the change of schedule period for the course(s). See the “Graduate College” section for further information.