In the health services major, you customize your degree with a track option.
Select the option that matches your goals and needs.
For allied health professionals who already have an associate degree or certificate. Take your clinical career to the next level with a bachelor’s degree.
Do non-clinical work (administrative, management) or ready yourself for graduate school.
Try a related certificate
Increase your credentials and training with a certificate.
You can pursue certificates on their own or add them on to your degree (major).
Why major in health services at Missouri State?
Gain essential knowledge and skills
Have a solid, all-around base in health care. Explore the ins and outs of health care, systems, global health, legal issues, grant writing, leadership and more.
Earn your degree fully online
Complete your degree on your schedule. Take courses online while gaining experience in the health care industry.
Learn alongside your health care peers
Get the full scope of health care. Through interprofessional learning, you’ll experience related health care fields like social work, psychology and nursing while in school.
Advance in a growing field
Earn a great salary from the start. Go into a career field with a rising job outlook.
Careers and outcomes
Depending on the track you choose, you’re set up to work in health care or pursue graduate school.
Where can you work with a health services degree?
You can work or advance your career in areas like:
- Data management
- Dental assistant/hygienist
- Health care information, electronic medical records and technology
- Health care administrator
- Human resources
- Medical lab tech
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Public health services
- Respiratory therapist
Want to get a master’s degree?
Many students also use this major to help prepare them for graduate programs such as:
- Health promotion and wellness management
- Public health
- Health care administration
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Physician assistant studies
- Accelerated nursing programs
- Vision: Preparing all students to work collaboratively to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Mission: Provide engaging, impactful, and interprofessional learning experiences for all students.
- Values: Adaptability, collaboration, improvement, service, leadership.
Connect with us
Follow along for the latest news and achievements.