Mission Statement, Goals and Objectives
To prepare competent, entry-level, registered dietitian nutritionists who are citizen
scholars, with expertise in either public affairs or rural health, who will meet the
need of nutrition and dietetic practitioners across the nation.
Program graduates will be competent for practice as entry-level registered dietitian
- At least 80 percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian
nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program's one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within
one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists
is at least 80 percent.
- At least 80 percent of interns complete program requirements within 13.5 months (150%
of planned program length).
- Of graduates who seek employment, at least 70 percent are employed in nutrition and
dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- At least 80 percent of employed graduates who respond to the online survey will rate
themselves as prepared or well prepared for their first dietetics related position.
Program graduates will demonstrate life-long learning skills who will enhance the
nutrition and dietetic profession and demonstrate leadership in the field of nutrition
- At least 75 percent of program graduates will participate in one or more leadership
- At least 75 percent of program graduates will become members of any local, state,
or national nutrition or dietetic-related professional organization.
- At least 75 percent of employers who respond to an online survey on program graduates
in their first year of employment will rate the graduates as average or higher in
professional knowledge and leadership skills as compared to other entry-level registered
- Since the program began in 2012, the one-year pass rate for graduates of the MSU Dietetic
Internship on the Registration Examination for Dietitians is 98.4%.
- Since the program began in 2012, all program graduates who sought employment in nutrition
and dietetics or related fields were employed within 12-months of graduation.
Additional outcome data measuring achievement of program objectives is available upon
request. Please contact the program director, Hillary Roberts (EdD, RDN, LD), at HRoberts@MissouriState.edu to request information.